Safety & Crisis Supports
Call 911 if you are in immediate danger.
In non-emergency situations, contact Safety and Security Services at 309-268-8300 to report an incident or safety hazard.
Heartland Community College Campus Safety Video
Get access to resources like:
- Emergency text alerts
- Accessibility alerts
- Emergency response information
- Preventing and responding to sexual misconduct
Get free confidential and professional counseling. You can also attend workshops, reduce your stress and get referrals to local community resources.
Heartland Community College is committed to preventing and responding to sexual misconduct. Sexual misconduct includes sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and sexual harrassment. These offenses are prohibited and when notified, the College will ensure a prompt, equitable response. If you have experienced sexual misconduct, we encourage you to utilize the resources available here and in our comprehensive policy on sexual misconduct (PDF).
We are dedicated to helping and support survivors of sexual violence.
Help a Friend
If a friend was or might become a victim of sexual violence, we can show you what you can do to safely help.
- Center for Human Services - provides a wide range of behavioral health services for those with and without insurance
- Chestnut Health Systems - provides a wide range of health services including addiction and mental health services
- YWCA Stepping Stones - provides assistance to survivors of sexual violence
- Prairie State Legal Services - offers legal services at no charge for eligible persons with civil or legal problems.
- For more information visit Path