Vision, Mission & Values
Leading our community to lifelong learning and success.
Heartland provides accessible, innovative learning opportunities and resources that enrich our community.
- We are learner-centered, focused on creating a personalized path to success for each holistic learner.
"Life isn 't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw
- We inspire an upbeat, can-do attitude, empowering our students, our communities, and each other to fully actualize our potential.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what is possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." - Francis of Assisi
- We support professional development of all employees so that we may continually adapt and improve.
"It's where we go, and what we do when we get there, that tells us who we are." - Joyce Carol Oates
- We are all partners in the success of the organization, boldly embracing current and future options that will empower our students and communities.
"It really boils down to this: that all life is interrelated. We are all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied into a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one destiny, affects all indirectly." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We respect all individuals; civility, collegiality, and the highest standards of professionalism characterize Heartland's daily environment.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We are proud of our College's quality but always seek improvement.
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before beginning to improve the world." - Anne Frank
- We practice ethical decision-making and responsible use of environmental, financial, and community resources to promote a sustainable future.
"The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction." - Rachel Carson
College-Wide Priorities & Goals
Heartland Community College strives to foster a culture of data-informed continuous improvement to attain its priorities and goals.
- Promote Student Success
- Increase percentage of students progressing toward and completing their educational and career goals.
- Improve student satisfaction.
- Increase student achievement of the College's Essential Competencies.
- Ensure Resource Stewardship
- Improve employee satisfaction.
- Maintain or increase the College's financial health.
- Maintain or increase value of the College's physical assets.
- Serve as a Community Resource
- Meet emerging workforce needs through education and training programs.
- Fulfill unmet community demand for personal enrichment and professional learning.
- Model Effective Communication, Collaboration and Transparency
- Intentionally obtain and incorporate employee input.
- Improve internal dissemination of information.
- Share resources, responsibilities and results to achieve college-wide goals.
- Approved by the HCC Board of Trustees Effective August, 2017