We seek applicants for a full-time position within the Facilities Division to install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and other mechanical equipment in accordance with applicable codes. Work schedule is Tuesday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Five years of experience in HVAC field as a Journeyman level HVAC Technician
- Completion of a formal or informal apprenticeship program in HVAC or related field, OR recognized certificate from a vocational trade school or equivalent
- Working knowledge of all phases of air conditioning equipment including fan and pump performance, air balance, zone controls (electric, electronic, and pneumatic), hydronics, air compressors, cooling tower, water treatment, boilers and chillers
- Demonstrated ability to use mathematical formulas such as basic algebra and geometry
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical theory and electrical control wiring (temperature controls, solenoids, compressors, and exhaust fans)
- Demonstrated ability to write and read correspondence, blueprints, and schematics and communicate effectively with others
- Skilled in the use of small hand tools, power tools, and measuring equipment
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work from heights
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Extensive industrial and/or commercial HVAC experience
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 8/3/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.