Associate Director of Industrial Technology Labs
We seek applicants for a full-time position within the STEM and Business division to manage and oversee all aspects of industrial technology labs to ensure program quality and safety compliance. Learn more about the industrial technology program at HCC.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Develop, implement, and provide training on procedures for ensuring the safety and cleanliness of labs
- Research and provide recommendations related to equipment, software, and tools
- Perform maintenance on industrial equipment such as machine tools, CNC machines, welding stations, CAD workstations, PLCs, oscilloscopes, and electronic instruments
- Manage the purchasing and ordering of industrial equipment and supplies
- Schedule and supervise lab assistants and student employees
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education, certification, and/or work experience
- Experience with industrial equipment maintenance and safety
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of safety consciousness and responsibility
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or related field
- Knowledge of industrial safety standards such as OSHA, ANSI, etc.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience teaching or training in an industrial setting
- Experience working with suppliers and vendors
- Ability to research, evaluate, recommend, and support various tools, equipment, and instruments such as CNC machines, CAD workstations, welding and machining equipment, and electronic instruments
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 8/3/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.