Second annual Lincoln Scholarship Scramble raises 10K for student scholarshipsJuly 1, 2016
The Heartland Community College Foundation raised $10,000 for student scholarships at its annual Lincoln Scholarship Scramble golf outing held May 20 at Lincoln Elks Country Club. The event’s success will provide two full-tuition scholarships for Logan County students to attend HCC.
Sharing her thoughts on the event, Foundation Board Director Elizabeth Wrage says she was proud to see another successful golf outing. “The support and engagement of our Lincoln area community for local students is inspiring. We very much appreciate the generosity of individuals in Logan County.”
The scramble supports the Logan County Rising Scholars Scholarship which covers tuition and fees for up to 36 credit hours during the academic year. To date, the event has raised $20,000 and provided three scholarships.
“Logan County residents and businesses continue to be great partners with Heartland and the Foundation,” said Executive Director, Chris Downing. “Many students across the county will benefit from this type of support and add to the quality of life for everyone in the community.”
Lincoln Scholarship Scramble Sponsors
- Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital
- Eaton Corporation
- Heritage Packaging, LLC
- Holland, Barry & Bennett Funeral Home
- Lincoln IGA
- Deron Powell State Farm Agency
- Lincoln—Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram
Tee and Towel Sponsors
- 5 ST FOODMART Lincoln, IL
- Copper Creek Cottages & Timber Creek Village Communities
- Edward Jones –Christine Short
- GRAUE INC. -www.graueinc.com
- Grieme Insurance Agency, LLC
- Lincoln -Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram
- Lincoln Land Catering
- Prairie Engineers of Illinois, P.C.
- R.P. Lumber Co., Inc.
- Shew's Design
- State Bank of Lincoln
- Stuart Solutions, LLC
Written by: Becky Gropp