Project RISE is here to help you: Succeed in college, graduate from Heartland, and transfer to the four-year school of your choice.
Project RISE is an educational support program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. We offer a variety of services to assist you in becoming familiar with the Heartland Community College campus and accomplish your educational goals. If you are committed to academic success and becoming a stronger student, we want YOU!
- Do you plan to transfer to a four-year college?
- Do you wish you had help figuring out college?
- Are you interested in getting the most out of your education?
- Are you a first-generation college student?
- Are you eligible for financial aid?
- Do you have a verifiable disability?
- Do you struggle with math?
- Do you want to meet other students?
Benefits of Joining Project RISE
- Peer Mentoring
- Academic Planning & Course Selection
- Progress Monitoring
- Math Learning Community
- Career Exploration
- Financial Literacy
- Transfer Assistance
- Personal Counseling
- College Visits
- Cultural Events
- Workshops on a variety of topics
- College Engagement Opportunities
- And Much More!
For more detailed information about each of our services, visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Project RISE is a TRIO program, which is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education. For more information about our grant, visit https://www2.ed.gov/programs/triostudsupp/index.html.